I made this Bruschetta for my roommates the other day.
I don't usually love tomatoes, despite their nutritional value but I somehow do like Bruschetta
This recipe turned out great! . I originally got this recipe from the Pioneer Woman but modified it to taste :)
2 Tablespoons Extra-Virgin Olive oil
5 cloves of garlic
Loaf of french bread (I chose wheat)
1 pint Cherry Tomatoes
1 yellow pepper
Fresh Basil (lots)
1 1/2 Tablespoons Balsamic Vinegar
More olive oil
1/4 c. shredded mozzarella
- Heat olive oil over medium-high heat, add in the garlic and stir so you lightly fry (about a minute). Then place in a bowl and allow the garlic/olive oil to cool. Set aside.
- Cut the cherry tomatoes into halves, then cut the yellow pepper into 1 inch pieces (I usually cut in half then continue to cut into halves again).
- Add tomatoes, pepper, balsamic, basil, salt, pepper to the bowl with the Olive Oil and garlic. Toss and then add additional basil if necessary.
- Cut the bread into diagonal slices to allow for the most surface area. Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Grill the bread on both sides until they are a golden color. Repeat with all the slices.
- Spoon mixture onto of the bread pieces. Sprinkle cheese over all of the pieces. Serve immediately.
Enjoy this tasty treat!
Micah 7:7 " As for me, I look to the LORD for help. I wait confidently for God to save me, and my God will certainly hear me"