nothing says christmas like gluten free gingerbread
gluten free gingerbread
1 1/2 cup gluten free flour, i used king arthur baking flour which worked great
1/2 tsp. xanthan gum
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1 tablespoon ginger
2 teaspoons cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
1/2 teaspoon cloves
1 teaspoon salt
1/3 cup plain yogurt
3 tablespoons milk
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
1/2 cup unsalted butter
1 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup molasses
2 large eggs
1. preheat oven to 350. prep a 9x5 breadpan, grease with butter and flour.
2. in a large bowl, combine gf-flour, xanthan gum, soda, ginger, cinnamon, nutmeg, cloves, and salt. in a smaller bowl mix yogurt, milk, and vanilla. set to the side.
3. combined butter and brown sugar in a mixing bowl. beat until light and fluffy (about 4 minutes). add and beat molasses. add eggs, one at a time until everything is mixed well.
4. add in 1/3 of the flour mixture, then 1/2 the milk mixture. taking turns with one another until the batter is well combined. however, be careful to not over mix!
5. once batter is well combined, pour into 9x5 pan and bake for 45 minutes.
on friday, i made this and added cream cheese frosting. it was quite tasty but i didn't apply it to the entire loaf because chad isn't a fan of the frosting. so, if you are feeling extra festive, try adding some of that in!