have you ever heard of love languages? if you have not, basically there is a philosophy that there are five different ways that people show and receive love - physical touch, quality time, acts of service, gifts, and words of affirmation.
for the most part, the way that you care about people is the way you desired to be loved by. (if you want more information on the 5 love languages click here!)
for me i am a quality time person. i love spending time with chad, my sisters, and friends. it is the way i feel most connected to those who i love and if this is lacking, i feel out of sorts and off. with my relationship with chad, this means if we dont have a lot of time one on one together, i get really bummed.
so, fast forward. life is busy. life is always busy. but the other day chad and i decided to have a date night in, and it was exactly what i needed. i baked a delicious dinner (photo above), we cranked the music loud (this time we listened to the regina skeptor pandora station), lit some candles and just spent time in conversation with one another. we ended the night what a scoop of vanilla ice cream and watched 007 skyfall.
perfect quality time date.
and if you want, a delicious dinner date recipe.
4 boneless chicken breast halves
1/2 cup mayonnaise
1/2 cup sour screen
2 tablespoon mango chutney
1 teaspoon curry powder
juice of 1 lemon
freshly ground black pepper
1. preheat oven to 450, lay chicken in baking dish, then whisk the mayo and sour cream together. add in the mango chutney and curry powder and whisk until smooth. add lemon juice.
2. spoon sauce over the chicken, place in the oven until the chicken cooked (about 15 minutes)
green beans with dill
4 handfuls of green beans. tops trimmed.
2 tablespoons butter
2-3 tablespoons chopped dill
freshly grated parmesan
1. fill large pot with water and season it with salt
2. bring to boil, pulnge the beans into the water water and cook until just tender (3-5 minutes)
3. drain and return to pot. drop in the butter and the dill and grind fresh pepper over the top. stir the beans with the pot over low heart until the butter is melted. to add a nice touch, add freshly grated parmesan!
and to complete the meal, pick up a baguette at your local bakery.
how do you show affection? do you know your love language? linking up with sami!