breakfast is a pretty big deal at our house. there is nothing better then walking up on saturday morning, and making a delicious meal. however during the week it can be tough trying to figure out what to make in the mornings that won't have you hungry by 10 am. solution! oatmeal. oatmeal is a quick meal that is good for you. it fills you up, is full of fiber, and helps regulate your digestive system.
so i thought i would share some of my favorite oatmeal recipes.
**this recipe is great for a saturday morning brunch, a little sweet, makes a fair amount, and it is a tasty way to start your morning!**
1 cup old fashioned oats
2 1/3 cups water
pinch of salt
1 medium apple coarsely grated
1/2 teaspoon lemon juice
1/3 cup milk
1/2 teaspoon butter
1. combine oatmeal, water, and salt in a sauce pan, bring to a boil.
2. add grated apple and lemon juice, cook for about five minutes, stirring occasionally
3. add the milk and butter. stir well and cook for one minute. serve immediately.
**this oatmeal recipe is my favorite for busy mornings, prep the night before and you will have breakfast all ready to go!**
2/3 cup milk (of your choice)
1/2 cup old fashioned oats
1/2 cup yogurt (i use plain, but i have heard of people using vanilla)
pinch of cinnamon
1. combine all ingredients, place into jar and refrigerate overnight (or a minimum of 3-4 hours)
2. top with the fruit of your choice
what are your favorite ways to eat oatmeal?