as many of you know, i love to bake. and cook. but the only problem around here is that chad doesn't love to eat. (what type of person doesn't like to eat?!) so the majority of the things that i bake/cook end up being shared or frozen for a later date. but, that is not the case with banana bread. which is a great thing, i love banana bread. it can be served as desert, or you can have it for breakfast (sweets in the morning, my favorite thing). however i sometimes forget about how much i love banana bread until someone brings it up. and the other day, both chad and laurel (my sister) made references that banana bread should be made.
so with that- laurel came over, we made banana bread, and snacked on brie cheese with apples.
it was a great combination :)
the best classic banana bread
1 cup sugar
1 stick unsalted butter
2 large eggs
3 ripe bananas (mashed)
1 tablespoon orange juice
1 teaspoon cinnamon
2 cups flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon salt
add chocolate chips if you would like!
1. preheat oven to 325. butter a 9x5x3 pan
2. cream the sugar and butter in a large bowl. then add eggs.
3. add bananas, milk, and cinnamon.
4. in a separate bowl, add flour, baking powder, baking soda, and slat. then add dry ingredients (and chocolate chips if you decide to go that route!). do not over mix.
5. pour batter into pan and bake for 1 hour and 10 minutes.