We made Banana-Coffee cupcakes with Caramel filling and they were to DIE for. A little time consuming but when your with a group of friends it goes much quicker!
2 teaspoons instant coffee crystals
1 tablespoon bowling water
2 cups flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup unsalted butter softened
1 & 1/2 cups of sugar
3 mashed bananas
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 cup sour cream
1/2 cup sugar
2 tablespoon water
1/4 cup unsalted butter
1/4 c whipping cream
1/4 cup milk
2 tablespoons & 1 teaspoon instant coffee crystals
1/2 C unsalted butter, softened
3 & 1/4 cups of powder sugar
Start to finish 2.5 hours
1. Heat oven to 350. place proper baking cup in muffin pan. Dissolve the 2 teaspoons of the coffee crystals with 1 tablespoon of bowling water. Set aside. In a small bowl stir the flower, baking soda, and 1/2 teaspoon of salt. Set aside. **
2. In a large bowl beat 1/2 cup butter and 1 & 1/2 C of sugar with electric mixer on high speed for 2 minutes. Add in the mashed bananas and 1 teaspoon of vanilla. Add eggs and beat on high for one minute, scraping the bowl frequently. With spoon or on low speed alternately add flour mixture and sour cream, stirring just until combined. Stir in coffee mixture. Divide batter evenly among muffin cups.
3. Bake 22 to 25 minutes
4. Meanwhile in 1-quart heavy saucepan, heat 1/2 cup of sugar and 2 tablespoons water over medium heat, swirling saucepan until sugar is dissolved. Increasing the heat to high, cover and boil syrup for 2 minutes. Uncover. continue boiling until sugar is dark amber in color. Remove saucepan from heat. Beat in 1/4 Cup butter with whisk until smooth. Beat in 1/4 whipping cream. Beat in 1 teaspoon of vanilla and 1/8 teaspoon of salt. Cool completely.
5.Microwave milk on high 40 seconds or just until it begins to boil. Stir in 2 tablespoons plus 1 teaspoon of coffee crystals until dissolved. set aside. In medium bowl beat 1/2 cup butter and 1/2 cup of the powdered sugar with electric mixer on low until blended. Gradually beat in remaining powdered sugar. Add 1/2 of the milk mixture. Beat on high Add remaining milk mixture, beating until smooth.
6. Using melon baller, scoop out center of each cupcake scooping almost to bottom of cupcake. Spoon 1 generous teaspoon caramel filling into each hole. Reserve remaining caramel filling.
7. Frost each cupcake and top with whipped cream, drizzle with reserved caramel drizzle. Top with mini chocolate chips.
** My recommendation for these cupcakes if you want to save some time would be to use a pre-pared cake mix from a box and then add the bananas && coffee mixture. I am sure they are equally delicious!**